BDA AVOCATS oversees our clients’ projects in all areas of law and taxation.
Our expertise allows us to respond to all levels of a company:
- Advising the management team to safely implement their national and international tax strategies.
- Putting in place policies relating to transfer pricing, restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions in collaboration with a company’s administrative and financial departments.
- Managing external relations in a variety of areas, including with auditors and other administrative authorities.
In France and abroad, our ability to establish strong ties with strategic law firms is a key factor in the success of our clients’ projects.
In this context, each and every project benefits from a targeted response.
Our reactivity ensures the smooth roll-out of our clients’ projects, no matter the size, as we secure the appropriate legal and tax tools and skills that meet our high standards in jurisdictions across the world.
Business LawCorporate law, restructuring, mergers, acquisitions, contracts
BDA AVOCATS is our clients’ preferred partner to advise in merger and acquisition deals in France and abroad and to give counsel on all aspects and requirements of these transactions. BDA AVOCATS’ lawyers have developed the experience to advise our clients at all stages of their company’s development, during pivotal transactions, as well as in the ordinary course of business.
Thanks to our network of partners, our clients trust BDA to coordinate the entirety of their transactions; we manage all contingencies and negotiate on our clients’ behalf to arrive at solutions best suited to their interests.
- Choice of structures/Incorporation of companies
- Corporate Governance
- Entry or withdrawal of partners & shareholders agreements
- Management package
- Issuance of securities and capital increases
- Conversion of companies
- Dissolution, liquidation
Restructuring – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business combinations/transfer of business
- Merger, demerger, partial contribution of assets
- Legal due diligence and Data Room Management
- Internal reorganizations and pre-transaction restructurings (hive-down, internal sales…)
- Negotiation and drafting of legal documentation (NDAs, letters of intent, transfer agreements, asset and liability warranties, shareholders’ agreement, and more)
- Distribution agreements
- Service agreements
- International contracts, Joint Ventures
Tax LawWe advise and represent clients in all tax matters
Advising and representing our clients
Taxation always plays a major role in business strategy and is an ongoing concern for individuals when it comes to their personal wealth management. This is even more so the case today, when it is particularly difficult to anticipate future developments without the help of specialists capable of determining a strategy adapted to clients’ needs.
We work with our clients to secure their projects and proactively monitor national and international developments, so that taxation ceases to be a constraint and becomes an optimization tool.
We are at our clients’ side to advise them during tax audits and to defend their interests in the event of litigation with the French or foreign tax authorities, as well as to develop together the most appropriate defense strategy. We are particularly experienced in these areas, as one of our partners formerly worked as a tax inspector in the Direction des Vérifications Nationales et Internationales.
- Optimization of corporate structures and upstreaming of earnings
- Tax management of national and international groups
- Tax audits and reviews
- Tax consolidation
- Environmental taxation
Taxation of individuals and company management teams
- Asset and estate engineering
- Transfer of companies and private assets
- Taxation of employee share ownership
- Risk audit
- Assistance with audits in the pre-litigation and litigation phase (Administrative Court of First Instance – Tribunal de Grande Instance)
International Taxation and Transfer Pricing
- Transfer pricing, audit, documentation and litigation
- Improvement of intra-group flows and cash-flow
- Business set-up, choice of structures, local taxation
- Restructuring and sale of foreign structures
Taxation of sales, acquisitions and restructurings
- Merger and acquisitions
- Disposals/Acquisitions of assets
- Internal restructuring of groups
- Due diligence reviews
- Capital transactions
- Management package
Rural law, wine law and wine & spirits transactionsRestructuring of wine groups, transfer and acquisition of wine-producing properties, transfer of assets
Restructuring of wine groups, sale and acquisition of wine & spirits businesses and companies, transfer of assets
BDA AVOCATS is our clients’ preferred partner to advise in viticultural projects and transactions in France and abroad and to give counsel on all aspects and requirements of these transactions.
Thanks to our network of partners who are specialized in planning and litigation in wine-making, rural and commercial matters, BDA provides its clients with clear, targeted and pragmatic solutions to any legal and judicial issues that arise in this context.
Our clients trust BDA to coordinate the entirety of their transactions; we manage all contingencies and negotiate on our clients’ behalf to arrive at solutions best suited to their interests.
Areas of expertise
Rural law and agricultural businesses law
- Constitution and legal and tax restructuring of agricultural companies (land ownership and use)
- Legal formalities and agricultural corporate issues
- Assistance in transactions for the sale of farms or properties
- SAFER and structural audits
- Difficulties faced by agricultural companies
- Agricultural estate transfers
- Wine regulations
- Reseeding and Selective replanting (complantation)
- Warehousing, distribution and trading
- Drafting and analysis of farm and share-farming (métayage) leases
- Lease agreements not subject to the tenant farming (fermage) regime
- Rent review and compliance
- Transfer and assignment of farm leases
- Farmer’s right of first refusal
- Enforcement litigation